Saturday, March 8, 2014

Tools for the Treats





Out of everything I make, these are what I use the most often to make the deliciousness out of.

In no particular order:






Olive oil (I have a large jug under the cupboard to fill up this one). I occasionally use coconut oil, but everything is cooked with or even fried in Olive oil.
Real Vanilla Flavoring I know there's been some "research" that says there is no difference between imitation and real, I just prefer the real stuff.
Butter butter is amazing and so much healthier than all that non-butter nonsense. Tastes so much better.
Sea Salt I rarely salt anything, but if I do it's with this. IMO there's more/better flavor with sea salt.
Almond Flour nuts.com is a dangerous place to go, they have alot of awesomeness there. Plus a 5lb bag of almond flour for a pretty good price.
Tapioca flour/starch necessary for a lot of stuff
Potato starch (the one with the red label) also necessary for a lot of stuff.
Sweet potato flour (the one with the green label) also necessary for a lot of stuff.
Mortar and pestle (+sifter) the sweet 'tater flour is chunky so it gets powdered and sifted in with the other flours.

There is of course other items I use, various binders, tools, dishes, other flours, but these are the primary items used.
Of note, I get the three other flours at the Asian market because they actually have sweet potato flour (I haven't seen that anywhere else) and they have it for very cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment